When it comes to skincare, there are countless ingredients to choose from. But one that you don't want to overlook is Vitamin E. This powerful antioxidant is known for its ability to protect the skin from environmental damage and help keep it looking youthful and radiant.
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that is naturally present in many foods, including nuts, seeds, and leafy greens. It is also available in supplement form. There are eight different forms of Vitamin E, but the most common form found in skincare products is alpha-tocopherol.
Moisturizes the skin: Vitamin E is a natural moisturizer that helps to keep the skin hydrated and supple. It helps to reduce dryness and flakiness, and can even help to soothe and heal dry, cracked skin.
Why do so many Derms & Skin professionals love it?
1. Protects against UV damage: Vitamin E has been shown to protect the skin from the damaging effects of UV radiation. It helps to reduce inflammation and prevent the breakdown of collagen, which can lead to wrinkles and other signs of aging.
2. Fights free radicals: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage cells and cause premature aging. By neutralizing these free radicals, Vitamin E helps to protect the skin from damage and keep it looking youthful.
3. Improves skin texture: Vitamin E can help to improve the texture of the skin by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It helps to promote cell regeneration, which can help to keep the skin looking smooth and healthy.
4. Reduces hyperpigmentation: Vitamin E has been shown to help reduce hyperpigmentation, which is when the skin becomes darker in certain areas. It can help to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
5. Improves the lipid barrier: Vitamin E has been shown to help improve the skin's lipid barrier, which is responsible for keeping moisture in and irritants out. A healthy lipid barrier can help to keep the skin looking and feeling healthy, hydrated, and protected.
Check out our Dreamscreens which include this skin-loving ingredient: